Sunday, June 22, 2008

Under The Knife Tomorrow


I'm 22 years old. I like to be hip with the youngsters... So I thought I'd get my tonsils out! It's true... this is a procedure that is typically done to kids under the age of 10. The fact that I am older just means it going to be easier right? Wrong. The doctor, when I had a consult with him gave me prescriptions for liquid vicodin as well as phenergen. Everyone knows what vicodin is but what is phenergen? Phenergen is a nausea medicine. The doctor assured me that I wouldn't be nausious but this medicine chemically reacts with the vicodin in order to make it stronger! I thought to myself. If I'm going to need extra strength vicodin.... I better buckle up. My surgery is tomorrow at 10:10 am.
A lot of people ask me why I'm getting my tonsils out, but more often they're like, "what are tonsils and why do we have them if people just gank em out?"
Well I thought I'd do the liberty of researching from a very credible source: wikipedia

The tonsils are areas of lymphoid tissue on either side of the throat. An infection of the tonsils is called tonsillitis. Most commonly, the term "tonsils" refers to the palatine tonsils that can be seen in the back of the throat.

Like other organs of the lymphatic system, the tonsils act as part of the immune system to help protect against infection.

You can see in the picture where the tonsils are.
Why am I getting mine out?
Instead of telling you in this blog. I'll just give you the wikipedia link so as not to be held accountable of making anyone sick to their stomach except under their own consent of clicking on the link. So let that be a disclamer to you ;-)

Why Moellerd is getting his tonsils out: Tonsiloliths

No comments:

Post a Comment