Monday, June 30, 2008

My Family


I have the most amazing family. Pictured here is the family photo current to our newest edition of my brother Calvin Wisen. I have truly the best brother lineup that I could have asked for. God has blessed me so much with the brothers I have. (don't worry sisters too... read on) My brother Drew (farthest left in the picture and politically ;-)) is at UofM dental school and is the star of the show. He has got to have the most passion I've ever seen in the 20somthing dental students. Ask him about dentistry and prepare to be amazed for an hour of interesting stuff. He's on fire for the Lord, telling me all of his awesome stories of sharing his faith with his unsaved dental school friends. It has been a HUGE joy to see him growing and thriving in his field. My brother Randy (farthest right in the picture) is the epidomy of "cool" in the computer industry. The guy knows his stuff and it has payed off. He and his wonderful wife, my favorite sister-in-law to date, Dana are the best hosts whenever I get to spend time at their sweet home. They are involved at their church and love the Lord and makes me honored to be their brother. And then there's Calvin (pictured in the middle, the groom). He was my best friend in highschool and long story short is now my brother. He has always been one of my biggest supports and will always be one of my best friends. I'm honored and blessed to have him officially apart of our family and couldn't think of anyone more fitting as my sister's husband. He is the youth pastor at a Harvest Bible Chapel in Orlando and as they move down their this coming week, it will be hard to say goodbye to locality and hello to a phenominal ministry ahead of them. I now have a connection in Flordia for my well needed vacations throughout the years!!!! ;-).
Then I have my sisters!!! My sister Mary (pictured as the bride in the picture) is probably one of the best friends i've ever had. People actually thought we were dating at Moody Bible Institute because we hung out so much. It was a common thing, seriously, to be asked, "who's your girlfriend, Chris?" and answer, "uh... that's my sister..." She is going to finish up her schooling down in Orlando and will be heavily involved at the Harvest Bible Chapel down there in their youth and childrens programs. She has a heart for the Lord and it is going to be hard for me to have her across the country, but her ministry is a blessing to see blooming! Dana (picture to the far right, was an awesome addition to our family a few years ago! We were always wondering who would tame that stallion of a brother of mine, and gosh, she did great. It has been a joy to get to know her and see her grow into our family. She is a fourth grade teacher and her students, no doubt LOVE her.
To top it off, my parents, Randolph and Lori, are the best. I'm truly spoiled and blessed to have them as my parents. My dad and mom are the biggest encouragement to me and have ALWAYS been there for me. I could continue on with so many more cliche' phrases, but know this. I could not have asked for a better set of parents who have been my spiritual advisors and the foundation of my growth here on this world. God is truly good for giving me such amazing parents.
I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment