Sunday, May 2, 2010

Amazing Faith because of Amazing Grace.

The Story of Zac Smith from NewSpring Media on Vimeo.


I pray that God continues to grow my faith so much that if this were to happen to me, that I'd respond the same.

To those who may not know Jesus Christ, only a relationship with Him can give the power of the Holy Spirit in one's life to be able to go through a trial like this guy and respond the way he does. I mean, what worldly gain does he achieve by having this mindset? NONE. Lance Armstrong prided himself in not allowing himself to believe that the cancer got him, so he fought it and would claim his defeat of cancer was his own doing. The world looks at Lance Armstrong and says, "There's a man... he beat cancer..." Well, ultimately, I seek to care less and less about the approval of our world knowing that worldly approval will be about as useless as a PC in a Mac store in eternity with Christ.
This man, recognizing not to seek his own glory but that of Jesus, truly does consider it all joy when he met this trial. Why? Because only Christ can give someone true peace and comfort in a time like this. And he is glorified greatly when someone can go through cancer and say, "whether life or death, God is Good and I am His..."

I don't know this man from Adam, but I'm proud to be on the same team.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Chris! What a great testimony. God is still God and God is still good. Either way faith...

    ReplyDelete