Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ping Pong Blog


Hey all,
I'm a big fan of ping pong. I happen to be quite skilled at it. I would challenge anyone to a game of ping pong with their expectation of being defeated. My skill at ping pong reminds me of my skill of eating. I'm not the biggest eater, but I LOVE to eat. Here is some tips on how to become a better ping pong player:
1.) Eat, drink, and sleep on the ping pong table. This will help you focus. Scientists say that the more familiar you are with your environment the better performance there is in that environment. Thus. More ping pong table time = better ping pong player.
2.) Invite as many friends as you have to ping pong parties and gradually get into their heads saying things like, "man.. you are REALLY good" or "you should go pro," talking sarcastically as to build up your own confidence (i suggest not doing this in other areas of life)
3.) Subject yourself to ping pong ball pelts. Sometimes the game will get crazy and you may take a ping pong ball to the face. This could be something that during a game, if not prepared, could create an on the spot paranoia of ping pong balls and thus lose your focus on the game at hand. I suggest you train yourself to take a ping pong ball to the face, so if this situation ever occurs in a game, your ready.

It is in my experience as a semi-amateur ping pong player that if you follow these three simple steps, you will succeed in this sport. You may want to go as far as purchasing your own paddle and 4 star ping pong balls and USTTA official table tennis shoes. Those are only needed if you feel ready for the next step of becoming a ping pong star.
Oh. And you may want to start saving up for occasional counseling sessions to talk over and resolve the issues of being mocked severely by almost everyone you know. Just a thought ;-)

Moellerd

1 comment:

  1. this was actually really amusing. my fav blog so far. you keep getting more and more funny as of late! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete