Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last Semester of School

I am just a few days away from starting my last semester of school. I'm so ready to be done with school that I've done something drastic. I heard that if you donate a kidney during your last semester of your senior year at the school I go to, you are exempt from the remainder of the year via the "self sacrifice clause."
From the student handbook:
"If a student is in his/her last semester of their last year and is put in the position to save a life donating a body organ, and carries through with the procedure, that student is given exemption from remaining class work and academic standing through graduation. We believe that generosity in this manner gives the student a great opportunity to show the example of Christ by giving of themselves to someone who needs it. We believe that this experience will provide great sermon content for the student's future ministry and thus the school will reward with academic exemption those students who are given this opportunity to save a life with organ donation."

I've only heard of two other students in the history of the school who attempted this. I am the third and am driven to be successful. I have registered myself in every single kidney, lung, eye, liver, pancreas and intestinal donation program in the country. I have studied and prepared for each of the surgeries that would correlate to the organ donation. I am certain that I will be donating either a kidney, a lung, one or both eyes, a liver, a pancreas or a piece of intestine sometime within the next 3 months.

Please please please, let me know soon if any of you need one of the above organs and are blood type O-pos. Note: priority given to anyone who lives in tropical weather. Might as well get a nice vacation out of it.

Moellerd.


(Note: this is not for real... don't worry, simple humor is all.)

3 comments:

  1. It better be a joke... I'm going to need that someday... And would hate to have it given to someone else just so you don't have to work your last semester...

    --r2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone I live with said he "wants a little bone grafting from the bridge of your nose but realize your glasses might not sit correctly then.. "

    LKM

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know someone who needs a personality transplant...i dont think you can help him with that though...

    ReplyDelete